ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is a not for profit, non-governmental entity
registered with the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission. It commenced
operations in Nigeria in 1999, while the programmatic operations
commenced in January 2000 through a Country Agreement signed with the
National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor
and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society,
institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural
changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world
ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an
International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The
Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa.
ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia,
Europe and the Americas.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Locations: Adamawa, Borno & Gombe
- First Degree in Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities is essential.
- Master’s degree in relevant studies is desirable.
- At least five years’ experience in Project Management is essential
- Experience on Conflict Situations as it relates to Sexual &
Reproductive Health, Community based work and engagements with CBOs is
- Strong communication and writing skills is essential
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines is essential
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills is essential
- Highly numerate and excellent skills in Programme Information Management is desirable
- Membership of relevant professional institute is desirable
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills is essential
- Multi-tasking skills is essential
- Negotiation skills is essential
- Creative and takes initiative
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Proven Leadership Qualities
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the application form and send the form in an MSWord attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and
Job Title of position applied for e.g. Ibrahim, Joy: Programme
Coordinator – Borno
Note: Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
Application Deadline 28th June, 2015.