FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are seeking to employ qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job ID: 15761
Job Function: Global Health
- Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS) is one of the projects
under FHI 360. MAPS focuses on supporting the development of
infrastructure, resources, systems, and the technical and management
capacities necessary for effective malaria control.
- The project is implemented by three partners and FHI 360 is the
lead implementing partner. MAPS project is a five year project which
took effect from October 1, 2010; the project recently secured a one
year no-cost extension and would be rounding up by September 30, 2016.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Stimulate the demand for data from various health department and
support development of a credible system of access to data from the
DPRS to other department within the SMOH
- Institute regular data analysis, presentation to stakeholders and feedback to the states.
- Periodically provide concrete evidence that can be used for decision making.
- Ensures timely forwarding/sharing of data to relevant agencies,
departments and programs operating at the State level; and quality of
data improved where applicable.
- Supports the utilization of specific disease control data by collaborating with M&E of disease control programs.
- Regularly support analysis of state data to provide trend of indicators used for monitoring of service data.
- Supports regular conduct of data quality audit in the state
- Build capacity of SMOH to perform these functions after the TA tenure ship.
- The Technical Assistant will work full time at the SMOH/DPRS,
reports to the Director in the DPRS while receiving support from the
MAPS office (State Coordinator & M&E Advisor).
- Supports collection, process and disseminate relevant and
necessary information required both for state health planning and for
monitoring the utilization of resources in accordance with state
priorities, objectives and health indicators.
- Reviews existing database of data and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Any other duty assigned
- First Degree in Medicine or other relevant fields with Masters
in Public Health. A PhD experience in Public Health, Mathematics,
Statistics, or related fields will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrable experience with statistical software packages (Stata, SPSS, Epi Info)
- Familiarity with USAID policies
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in assessment design & implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of donor funded programs;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and database management especially DHIS;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online