Job Title: Program Assistant FSN-08/FP-06 (Temporary Position Not to Exceed 24 months)
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
- The incumbent serves as a Program Assistant for the International Narcotic and Law Enforcement Affairs Section.
- She/he works along with INL colleagues to fulfill the goals in
accordance with the signed letters of agreement (LOAs) with the Nigerian
- The job holder will provide management assistant to project
under INL LOAs, specifically plan, manage and report on projects
- The incumbent is responsible for providing logistical
facilitation for INL training programs, managing E2 accounts and
administrative duties as assigned.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered.
- University degree or its equivalent in Statistics, Philosophy, Journalism, Business Administration or Management is required.
- Knowledge of Nigeria law Enforcement community such as differing
and overlapping jurisdiction for enforcement, key officials, Nigeria
culture, management structures and law enforcement is required.
- Advance knowledge of personal computer applications including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible work
experience in Planning and logistic coordinating position, managing
logistics, coordinating travel plans for a large group of people,
maintain a database and experience in accounting and administrative
duties is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in
one major Nigerian Local Language is required. Language proficiency will
- Comprehensive knowledge of procedures for programs, travel arrangement and administrative duties is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Or – Ordinarily Resident-N4,494,054 p.a.(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM– US$45,487 EFM/MOH– US$39,166 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-06
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2015
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards,
copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification
requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.