is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving
lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
Job ID: 16084
Job Function: Program Management
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services
(SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality
HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private
sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Provide management support to the state office and IAs focusing
on work plans, sub agreement management, periodic fund requests, review
of MFRs/SFRs, and reporting.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that
effectively respond to USAID/Nigeria requirements regarding
implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Coordinate capacity development efforts in support of state and IAs’ staff and other partners.
- Ensure availability of technical resources and integrate their efforts into overall program management.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and disseminating best
practices in the project through the identification of project learning
sites and technical support to the program.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to share
information, coordinate activities and avoid duplication in the
implementation of the programs.
- Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB and
malaria fields by review of current literature and is alert to any
implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- Develop and oversee execution of systems for initiation,
implementation, monitoring, amendment and close out of all SIDHAS IAs’
- Ensure that FHI delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services).
- Monitor and enforce compliance with donor and FHI policies by the state office and IAs.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of sub grants to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Guide and support the state office and IAs in establishing sound
management systems to ensure cohesive implementation of project
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Public Health, Business Administration, Health
Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9
years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or MS/MA degree in Public Health, Business Administration,
Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5
– 7 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online