Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
Job Title: Psychologist
- Provide psychological support to patients according to MSF
principles and protocols in order to improve the patients’ mental
- Carry out evaluation of psychological and mental health needs
of patients, elaborate a diagnosis, and establish a plan of treatment
- Implement the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol,
identify possible victims of SGBV and refer them to the medical team so
that they receive the necessary treatment and carry out psychological
- Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols to improve their mental health conditions
- Be pro-active in meeting the patients and have capacity to adapt and work in non-classical context
- Diagnose any psychological or psychiatric disorder and if
necessary, refer the patient to the medical team/psychiatric hospital in
order to receive drug treatment.
- Work in close collaboration with translators in order to
ensure that appropriate terminology and behaviour are used during
- Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or
problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to
provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential
- Ensure partnership with any other actors involved in Mental Health
- Inform the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness
- Refer patients to other health professionals whenever necessary in order to provide the most appropriate treatment
- Work along with the medical teams to ensure a comprehensive approach of all patients treated
- Assist and train staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities
- Collect statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Education: Essential degree or diploma in Psychology
- Experience: 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Languages: English, Hausa, Kanuri would be an asset
- Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- MSF Maiduguri project – Maiduguri – NIGERIA
- Local contract (3 months with possibility of extension) – 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of diplomas, qualifications and a cover letter until 31st of August to: MSF MAIDUGURI OFFICE or by email to: [email protected]
Plot 82, OLD GRA (behind Lagos house) Kolo Road Galtimari, Maiduguri, Borno state, Nigeria
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Closing Date: 31/08/2015
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!