Job Title: Opportunity Grant / Education Advising Technician, FSN-07
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic function of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Abuja Cultural Affairs Officer and
the Educational Advising Supervisor, the Opportunity Grant / Education
Advising Technician provides all administrative support in handling
Educational and Opportunity Grant programs for graduate and
- The incumbent plans and facilitates outreaches to northern High
Schools and Universities; handles email inquiries, draft responses to
letters; facilitate education seminars and workshops; provide
administrative support for Education U.S.A cohort advising programs like
Competitive College Club, United States Achievers Program amongst
others; provides effective follow up and works closely with advisors to
enrich overall education advising program.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- University Degree in any of the Social Sciences, Education, or Business is required.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in administrative work, out of which one should be in educational establishment.
- A strong knowledge of Nigerian educational system with a basic understanding of
- U.S. educational system is required.
- Good oral and written communication, customer service skills are required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Excel and or
- Access packages and knowledge of social media are required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading in English is required.
- Level III (Good working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading of host country language is
- required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary
rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident – N4,766,721.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$40,665 EFM/MOH – US$35,014 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered
Submit all Application to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Application Deadline 9th September, 2015.