Job Title: Gender Program Specialist – CDC
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
the supervision of the CDC Nigeria Prevention Branch Chief, the
incumbent serves as the key public health specialist advising the
CDC/PEPFAR Nigeria Program on addressing gender related disparities in
HIV prevention, care and treatment and/or gender inequities that
contribute to the HIV epidemic.
- The incumbent represents CDC Nigeria on
Gender Equity and Equality matters at technical, policy and strategic
planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donor
- The job holder serves as the activity manager for CDC Nigeria
grants, contracts and cooperative agreements and coordinates funding,
reporting, and administration with the extramural team to assure
projects are conducted and USG funds are appropriately utilized.
- S/he also serves as gender health
advisor to Nigeria ministries and partners, including those funded by
the host government or the Global Fund and non-governmental
organizations (NGOs) in the implementation of Gender activities and
- S/he is responsible for supporting the design, implementation,
coordination, and evaluation of a broad range of CDC-funded programs and
studies required to implement the president’s emergency plan for AIDS
Relief (PEPFAR) in Nigeria.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below
with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or
the application will not be considered.
Master’s Degree (MPH,
MSHP, MSW) or host country equivalent in public health, nursing, health
policy, public administration, sociology, psychology, anthropology,
political science or related social sciences is required.
Thorough knowledge of the Nigeria government health
care system and structures including familiarity with Ministry of Health
(MOH), National Agency for the control of AIDS (NACA) and Women Affairs
and Social Development (MWASD) policies, program priorities and
regulations; and knowledge of HIV/AIDS public health analysis, design,
implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs is required.
of five (5) years of mid-to-senior level public health experience in
developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating gender activities
for HIV/AIDS or other public health/development assistance programs that
involve coordination with an international agency or implementing
partner is required.
Thorough knowledge of gender issues in
health and/or HIV and AIDS programming, research, measurement and
evaluation as well as understanding of the gender-related socio-cultural
context, barriers, and opportunities to quality health services in the
context of HIV and AIDS prevention, care, and treatment in Nigeria is
Method of Application
When fully qualified, U.S.
Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given
preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically
address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating
of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee
Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement
(PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first
90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a
position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
OR – Ordinarily Resident – N3,154,846 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinary Resident AEFM – US$36,353 EFM/MOH – US$31,301 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current
resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies
of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the
position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying
for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not
larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: [email protected]