Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc
the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled
collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the
Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer
at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver
sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and
partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reserve Brand Ambassador
Type of Job: Permanent
Reports to: Head of Reserve
- The Diageo Reserve portfolio in Nigeria encompasses some of the
finest liquids in existence. With a vast and raging portfolio covering
vodka, gin, Scotch & other whiskies, the breadth and diversity of
this portfolio gives Diageo a true point of difference. The development
and growth of these high NSV brands play an integral role in the
sustained growth ambitions of Diageo Africa.
- This role, based in Nigeria, plays an integral role in our
performance by acting as an ambassador for the Reserve (luxury)
- The role will work primarily in the 4 & 5 star segments of
the Nigerian On trade Channel. While there is no direct people
management responsibility, the Reserve Brands Ambassador will work very
closely with the Marketing and Sales teams in the On Trade channel, in
order to achieve targets.
Accountabilities of Role
- Develop and implement appropriate sales strategies for each
individual account working with the Divisional sales manager/Regional
- Work along with the Regional sales managers to ensure adequate distribution of the brands.
- Inform the account of all new product launches in a timely
manner and work actively towards maximizing product listings in the
- Achieve targeted profits, volume targets, and customer service levels as outlined and agreed to in the business plans.
Brand Building activity:
- Together with the Marketing Manager and the Sales team, assess
the market to identify and action opportunities to present the luxury
brand portfolio in the best possible way which would maximize brand
strength and sales volume.
- Implement the trade marketing plans for these brands using specific POS material.
- Ensure all activities and events contribute to building brand
equity and reinforce the positioning of the brand both within the brand
portfolio and in the customer/consumer mind set.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Build strong relationships with the Food & Beverage Mangers of the specified accounts.
- Regularly visit customers and key influencers with a clear
agenda and desired outcome – to enhance brand awareness, build brand
equity, distribution, sales and profitability.
- Be acknowledged in the trade as a leading authority in spirits luxury brands.
- Provide specialist knowledge through regular training on luxury brands regularly to Customers.
- Ensure that his own professional knowledge is continuously updated.
- Collect information for category/ brand performance in the
Accounts and analyze the brand movements and complete sales analysis for
- Identify outlets with growth opportunity and design trade programs to increase share and volumes.
- Work as a spirits consultant to the RSMs as well as to the F&B Manager/ Account.
- Identify development opportunities to build the capability of Diageo Brands Nigeria staff associated with the brand.
- Ensure that all customer activities undertaken are in compliance
with the law of the land as well as in accordance with company policies
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc./HND holder, Commercial qualification ideal/preferable
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of spirits.
- Passion for and identification with luxury brands as a category.
- Ability to be the spokesperson for the luxury brands: should be able to “reflect the luxury
- In-depth understanding of the on-trade customers and industry practices.
- 2- 5 years of experience in direct Sales / Food & Beverage Sales preferably in 5 star hotels/ luxury boutique hotels.
- Should be extremely fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of a Continental language will be advantageous.
- Lagos based, may be required to travel in line with business needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!