Job Title: Travel Assistant, FSN-06/FP-08
Work Hours: Full-Time; 40 hours/week
Basic function of the Position
- The incumbent coordinates and facilitates travel logistics within the CDC Nigeria Office.
- S/he reports directly to the Travel Coordinator.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- A minimum of two years of University studies in Business
Administration, Secretarial Studies, Social Science or Arts is required.
- Minimum of Three (3) years as an administrative assistant with experience in travel coordination.
- Must be able to work independently to assess problems and issues, and develop realistic solutions related to travel.
- Good working knowledge of Amadeus Booking tools. Must be able to
work effectively with U.S. embassy travel staff, airlines hotels, etc.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Writing English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Incumbent must have advance planning and organization, excellent written and verbal communication and basic computer skills.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified.
- The minimum requirements must be adequately addressed in the
cover letter of your application package. Failure to do so will
disqualify your application.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment
are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90
calendar days of the employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personnel Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident – N3,591,291 p.a.(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Non Ordinarily Resident – AEFM / EFM/MOH – US$31,301(Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats,
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit all Application to: HRNigeria@state.gov
- Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the
required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a
U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be
considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com)
authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
Application Deadline 17th September, 2015.