Job Title: Nurse Practitioner, FSN-10/FP-05/5
Work Hours: Part-time; 36 hours/week
- The incumbent provides primary preventive and emergency health
care services to the entire American direct hire and dependents of all
agencies at post and coordinate referrals with providers in Nigeria or
medevac referrals when necessary.
- S/he assesses Foreign Service National Employees upon occasions
of injury at work and refers any who become ill at work to their local
- The program assists with the health unit administrative matters and trainings.
- Additionally, s/he communicates with the local providers, local
diagnostic facilities, local pharmaceutical and air ambulance companies
to provide their assistance with individual care when needed.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Master’s degree in nurse practitioner with current unrestricted
license. MSN with nurse practitioner certification from either American
Nurses Credentialing Center
- Must have practice advanced nursing to include examinations,
diagnosis and treatment of disease, and health education. Expertise with
otoscope, ophthalmoscope, stethoscope and other diagnostic instruments
- Ability to work without technical medical supervision, plan and administer a health program is required.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft and keyboard data entry is required.
- (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience or practice after receiving advanced degree is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members
(USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is
essential that the candidate specifically address the required
qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs
- Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Or – Ordinarily Resident–N8,795, 684 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-10
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$57,270 EFM/MOH – US$49,311 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-05/5
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats,
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 10th November, 2015