Nigeria LNG Limited was incorporated as a limited liability company on
May 17, 1989, to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and
produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas
Liquids (NGLs) for
export. The company has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Bonny Gas Transport
(BGT) Limited, which provides shipping services for NLNG and Nigeria LNG
Ship Manning Limited which provides personnel for all of NLNG’s
Vessels. Our LNG is delivered to ports in cities around the world.
We seek to engage suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment in the vacant position of:
Job Title: Security Advisor Marine (NSML & BGT)
Reference Code: CSS/2015/5/E
Location: Bony, Rivers
Branch: LNG Plant
- The appointee will be required to ensure implementation of
security strategies which will result in minimal risks to NLNG assets in
shipping operations and the port facility
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the formulation, update and implementation of the
Port Facility Security Plan (PFSP) with the appropriate Ship Security
- Responsible for conducting and updating security risk
assessments of all NSML and BGT assets as part of security management
system and supervise the operations of the Marine Police and Navy
personnel in ensuring that the channel and the jetties’ exclusion zones
are maintained for the arrival and departure of vessels at the
- Carry out HSSE Critical Activities as defined in the relevant bowties to ensure the effectiveness of control barriers.
- Organize security awareness programs for the Port facility
security personnel and support the PFSO in the implementation of the
PFSP with appropriate Company Security Officers.
- Maintain liaison with the Contracting Government Agency –
NIMASA, in ensuring that exchange of information as required under the
ISPS Code is implemented and maintain liaison with the local government
security agencies (NPF, SSS, NDLEA, Customs, Port Health and
Immigration), as well as, security depts. of sister companies in
monitoring the general security situation especially as it affects the
- Support the PFSO in maintaining continuous ship shore interface
and coordinate night sail operations; ensuring the availability of
security personnel in line with current security level.
- Participate in the development of and Implement access control strategy for the port facility i.e
- Loading/passenger jetties, vessels in line with the Port
Facility security Plan and ensure the close supervision of the security
personnel operation the access control systems.
- Act as security advisor to BGT and NSML operations and maintain
liaison with NLNG to ensure proper alignment and implementation of
- The right candidate should:
- Possess a university degree at a minimum of second class upper division
- 7 years post-graduation experience with a minimum of 3
years’ experience in required function in a reputable organization
preferably an Oil & Gas company.
- Valid PFSO certification issued by the Contracting Government Agency – NIMASA
- Not be more than 40 years old as at 31st December, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2015