Job Title: Data Manager / Strategic Information Specialist – FSN-10
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent will provide high-quality technical assistance to
the United States Government (USG) President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS
Relief (PEPFAR) country team and technical workgroups; implementing
partners and Government of Nigeria counterparts to ensure that the
portfolio of program activities contributes to the national HIV/AIDS
strategic goals and targets.
- S/he will generate accurate data analyses and reports to inform
national policy, and respond to the Office of the Global AIDS
Coordinator (OGAC) reporting requirements.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics,
Computer Science, Health Management, Sociology or Demography is
- Advanced knowledge of the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS in Nigeria,
the Nigeria Health Management Information Systems, the Nigeria’s
President Comprehensive Response Plan (PCRP), as well as the global fund
policies, procedures and supported program activities in Nigeria is
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with the ability to use
advanced software programs for analyses, reporting, presentations and
internal management is required.
- Selection Process
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members
(USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is
essential that the candidate specifically address the required
qualifications above in the application.
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience managing HIV/AIDS
public health or other social sector program, which includes two (2)
years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS health
programs, is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough understanding of Government of Nigeria’s policies,
guidelines and strategic plan on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Or – Ordinarily Resident – N8,795,684 p.a. (Starting basic salary); Position Grade: FSN-10
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$57,270 EFM/MOH – US$49,311 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-05/5*
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement
number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word
formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2015.