FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: State Technical Officer (RMNCH)
Job ID: 16481
With the support of the Associate Director, Senior Technical Officer and
the Technical Officers RMNCH, the state Technical Officer (RMNCH) will
provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality
state and L.G.A. level reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health
services at FHI 360 state offices.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Provide technical and programmatic support to implement high
quality reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health activities at
FHI 360 sites in collaboration with appropriate GoN and related
- Assist in conducting routine monitoring visits to project sites,
including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official
tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide
- Work with the country and state office teams to conduct routine
data analysis and contribute to the development of program strategies,
subproject documents, work plans and budgets including programmatic
assistance to local partners
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of RMNCH and
related developments by reviewing current literature and staying alert
to any implication of such experience and research to the project
- Support the implementation of facility and community-based
activities including strengthening referrals and linkages by mentoring
community-based organizations and support groups to strengthen linkages
- Support demand generation for RMNCH service at FHI 360 supported facilities
- Assist the State Senior Technical Officer in providing support
to sites in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers,
RH, FP and MCH focal points, other Implementing Agencies and local
research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and
can support preparation and sorting of source documents for data to be
entered into DHIS and reported to the donor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS or similar degree with minimum of 1 year relevant
experience in public health with a sound understanding of reproductive,
maternal, newborn and child health in resource constrained settings.
- BSc. Nursing, Public health, Pharmacy or other closely related field with 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable:
- Experience within Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills particularly Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel 40% time.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the
social, political and ethical issues surrounding reproductive, child
health and HIV.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain
compatibility among project staff, facility staff and government
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply