Location: Abuja – Public Affairs Section (PAS)
Position Grade: FSN-12/FP-03
Work Hours: Full time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent under the supervision of the Kano public diplomacy
officer (PDO), plans, executes, and manages English language and youth
outreach programs in Nigeria’s North and Middle Belt, including Abuja.
- S/he identifies, develops, plans, and executes a youth outreach
portfolio for the North, including outreach to secondary schools and
occasional courses taught by embassy officers.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Art, Education, Archaeology, or American Studies is required.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain contacts at
various levels in cultural, government, civic, religious and business
- Proficiency in computer skills with experience in MS Office
suite, excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to
type 45 wpm accurately are required. Typing proficiency will be tested.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working on educational
or professional exchanges, international education and development,
civil society/good governance development, public administration,
university teaching or counseling, or programs related to increasing
cultural, economic, or political ties between Nigeria and the United
States/Europe is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is
required. Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking Hausa Language is
required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of education in the United States and
Nigeria, as well as Nigeria’s political, media, economic, social,
educational structures and institutions is required. Knowledge of how to
draft and monitor grants is required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference.
- Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary
rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Salary Or- Ordinarily Resident – N6,115,042.00 p.a.
(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08. In addition to the basic
salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission
Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$45,487 EFM/MOH – US$39,166 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-06*
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS – 174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD – 214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of
degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification
requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number
on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e – mail) submissions to one entry/e –
mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word
formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S.
Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered,
but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does
have to Be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 28th December, 2015.