The U.S. Embassy in Abuja
is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the Foreign
Service National Investigator (FSNI) position in the Regional Security
Office in Abuja (RSO).
Job Title: Foreign Service National Investigator (FSNI)
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent serves as an advisor to the Regional Security
Office (RSO) on security matters. In addition to conducting U.S. Embassy
job-related investigations, the incumbent conducts sensitive criminal
and consular fraud investigations.
- S/he maintains regular liaison between U.S. Embassy RSO and
Abuja local police and other Government of Nigeria (GON) security
- Additionally, s/he stays well-informed of all security related
matters to provide up-to-date security briefing to new LES and to the
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion
detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting
each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science is required.
- The incumbent must have advanced security and law enforcement
experience in the country to understand the security apparatus of the
Government of Nigeria.
- Must have Nigeria valid driver license.
- Ability to respond immediately to any security incident or crisis that may occur, including use of firearm.
- A minimum of three (3) years of prior work experience as a law enforcement officer is required
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) of one other local language is required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members
(USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is
essential that the candidate specifically address the required
qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary
rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Salary: OR – Ordinary Resident – N6,115,042 p.a. (Starting basic salary)
Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$45,487.00,
EFM/MOH – US$38,166, (Starting Salary) p.a.
Position Grade: FP-06
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards,
copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements
of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats,
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under COM Authority
does have to be officially assigned to post.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2015.