Job Title: Shutdown Manager
The job holder is the responsible for the overall Shut Down execution
per the agreed parameters, responsible for execution of the company’s
output based projects as well as actively involved in the progression of
existing projects from regular work to output basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing all Shutdowns, Modifications and Brownfield projects to
assure successful delivery. With focus on goal zero in HSE; zero LTIs
and no harm to the environment and plant.
- Ensuring all projects complies with company, industry and global
standards and are executed within contract requirements, cost and
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian content legislation (NCD).
- Lead, manage and coordinate the Shutdown Team/Department
- Develop and implement fit-for-purpose Shutdown and Project
Management policies, procedures, and processes to efficiently track,
control and manage all department projects.
- Assist in the development and implement short, medium and long term
projects, department & business strategies, budgets and plans (HSSE,
Quality, HR, Training and Development, Procurement, Execution Plans,
Master Schedules & Budgets) to effectively control all department
Projects, Shutdowns, Campaigns, Modifications, Tie-ins, Revamps and
- Liaise with Training Manager, HSE Manager and HR Manager to ensure
the manpower supplied are competent, trained, certified and up to date
with latest industry knowledge and technology.
- Liaise with the Client (HOD Turnarounds, Discipline Managers and
Operations) to implement management and execute a seamless
- Develop the overall budgets, staffing plans, schedules and durations
of all assigned Shutdown events (which includes Planned, unplanned,
emergency and opportune shutdowns)
- Implement overall Shutdown HSSE and Quality Management Plans for each Shutdown event.
- Implement an effective integrated Shutdown Master Schedule for each Shutdown event by discipline and equipment.
- Develop the overall contracting strategy for the Shutdown. (This
includes: planned, unplanned, emergency and opportune shutdowns).
- Implement Shutdown Management control plans (Schedule of Norms) for
Work-packs, Materials, PPE, Manpower, Permits, Extra-works, Contracts,
Costing, Quality, HSSE, Logistics, local manpower and on-site resources,
- Develop the overall equipment, consumable including PPE requirement
for each Shutdown and department projects (which includes Planned,
unplanned, emergency and opportune shutdowns)
- Development and freezing of the Shutdown work scope. Liaise and
coordinate with Client’s Operations and Maintenance departments for
detailed planning inputs for the integrated Master SD Plan.
- Development of communication, manpower, shutdown, decontamination and start-up plans and procedures for each Shutdown event.
- Develop risk register and fit for purpose contingency planning for each Shutdown event.
- Analyze industry and best practice with SOW and schedule challenges to achieve cost and duration efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review lessons learned process for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Client’s Operations and Discipline Leads to insure effective staffing for operations.
- Shutdown planning working closely with the maintenance Shutdown planning.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- B.Eng., B.Sc., B.Tech. or equivalent. Project Manager Certification
- 15 to 20 years’ experience in the Planning and execution of maintenance activities on oil and gas production installations
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Project, Office Suites and SAP packages
- A detailed knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment,
installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and
gas treatment installations
- Specific professional knowledge
- Languages: English necessary – Written and Oral proficiency
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in large maintenance,
engineering or operational organizations or construction projects in the
oil and gas industry with at least 5 years direct experience of
managing shutdown operations on oil and gas operations.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing large groups of staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to Coach, Mentor and advice, motivate multi-national teams,
- Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organizational ability
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work regularly on NLNG installations in the climatic conditions of the Bonny
- Ability to stand for long hours and work at heights
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply