Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical
humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60
countries to people affected by armed conflict,
epidemics, natural or
man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain is looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator Assistant
Objective of the Position
- Assist and support the Medical Coordinator in the implementation
of the overall medical content, activity and resources in the missions,
by assuming some tasks delegated by him/her and giving personal
assistance in other specific activities, in order to facilitate the
proper medical management of the projects and medical follow-up of the
staff in the mission.
- As a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs
all national and international MSF staff is expected to be flexible and
available for emergency response activities. S/he should be willing to
undertake other tasks as necessary and not specified in the job
description, supporting the mission activities in the response to
potential emergencies and cover HR gaps or needs at field level.
- Education: Medicine or paramedical degree essential. Specialization or training in tropical disease, desirable.
- Languages: Essential English and local language
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Experience: Minimum two year clinical experience and one year
working experience in a health related International NGO. Desirable
working experience with MSF
- Due to the nature of MSF operations, flexibility is indispensable
- Committed to humanitarian principles.
Position in the organization chart:
- Hierarchically and functionally accountable to the Medical Coordinator (MedCo).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and motivation letter either by email to: [email protected]
In person to:
Road 131 House 10 Gwarinpa Housing Estate,
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline 29th January, 2016.