FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer (RMNCH)
Job ID: 16654
Area: Global Health, Population & Nutrition
With the Associate Director, the Senior Technical Officer will provide
technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and
support activities with primary focus on providing programmatic and
technical support for reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- With the Associate Director, coordinate the implementation of components related to RMNCH in FHI 360 Nigeria’s programs
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of facility based programs in relation to RMNCH
- Support the strengthening a system of reporting on program
progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets
- Provide programmatic assistance to local partners in programming RMNCH activities
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of RMNCH and
related developments by reviewing current literature and stay alert to
any implication of such experience and research to the project
- Provide ongoing technical assistance in RMNCH for FHI 360 Nigeria programs
- Work with technical staff at the state offices and other
relevant FHI 360 staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and
procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs
and projects related to RMNCH and apply these lessons to modify existing
programs and improve the design of new programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS/MD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience
in clinical care with a sound understanding of RMNCH programmes in
resource constrained settings.
- Clinical management, research and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the RMNCH.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain
compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and
recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
- Possession of a fellowship in Obstetrics/Gynaecology or
Paediatrics or an advanced post graduate degree in a related field is
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply