FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology
– creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently
seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical
Officer-Monitoring & Evaluation-CQI & PHE
FHI 360 is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer-Monitoring & Evaluation-CQI & PHE
Job ID: 16662
Area: Global Health, Population & Nutrition
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services
(SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality
HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private
sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Actively involved in all QA/QI processes within FHI360 Nigeria
and among FHI360’s Implementing partners especially in terms of data
collection and verification.
- Provide technical guidance to state-level Quality Management
Officers and M&E Officers on program/project on Quality Management
- Assist GON, Partners and the IPs in the
strengthening/creation/implementation/update of quality tools and
mechanisms (“quality management system”) to ensure continuous high
- Conduct advanced data analysis to further research, surveillance and public health evaluation goals and objectives.
- Have an in-depth understanding of FHI360’s research and public
health programs and link activities/opportunities in Nigeria to ongoing
research and public health evaluation activities in FHI360.
- Understand and contribute to FHI360’s research and public health
evaluation portfolio across a range of technical areas, including
HIV/AIDS, FP/RH, TB, Malaria and other topics, as appropriate.
- Participate in quality research and public health evaluation projects conducted in Nigeria.
- Keep abreast of scientific literature in relevant fields
- Provide technical assistance to stakeholders in the design of projects, protocols, manuals and data collection forms.
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Ensure that the CQI processes are initiated and executed in all entities under the SIDHAS project
- Provide support on Nigerian Quality and SIMS initiatives
- Facilitate operational research (advocating, capacity building,
documentation and dissemination of success stories, monitoring) the use
of references (guidelines, norms, standard operating procedures) by the
- Actively involved in developing and strengthening FHI360’s research agenda and portfolio within the Nigerian health system
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, focusing on
quality of services, and participate in project assessments and
- Participate in the development of national studies in which
FHI360 is involved, particularly with respect to ensuring the
integration and implementation of continuous quality management systems.
Represent SIDHAS-FHI360 and makes presentations at professional
meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation research
and Quality Management.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure implementation of high
quality research, surveillance and public health evaluation activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant
experience with at least 5 years progressive experience in public
- Or MPH, or MS/MA in relevant degree with 1 to 3 years relevant
experience with at least 3 years progressive experience in public
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the
political and ethical issues surrounding RH and HIV programs and
- Ability to evaluate relevance of data or information, as well as
work with staff to resolve differences in interpretation of
- Solid understanding of research methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically as part of a
team or independently to advance the interest of research and public
health in Nigeria.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal supervision and under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics and
quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for
- Proven track record of writing and publishing, especially at
scientific conferences and in scientific journals and of conducting
research and large scale evaluation project.
- Knowledge of techniques, principles, methods and data analysis
related to epidemiology and treatment of HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and other
diseases of public health importance.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Considerable knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Thorough knowledge of epidemiological data management tools such as SPSS or EPI INFO, and relevant computer software skills.
- Considerable knowledge and expertise in public health, family planning, HIV, TB and other reproductive health (RH) issues.
- Working knowledge of scientific literature related to
reproductive health, HIV prevention and treatment, and other infectious
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply