FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Health Systems Strengthening
Job ID: 16657
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services
(SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality
HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private
sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The incumbent will work under the supervision of the STO, HSS to
provide support in the planning, implementing and monitoring of health
systems strengthening and laboratory activities in assigned projects.
- Support the STO HSS in collaborating with the relevant federal,
state and LGA departments/agencies and other partners to develop
innovative technical strategies, tools and systems to strengthen health
systems at all levels.
- Support the STO HSS to provide on behalf of FHI 360,
inputs/technical assistance to GON, FHI 360 partners and IAs on health
systems strengthening and laboratory policies, strategies and proposal
- Work with the STO HSS in contributing to the development of FHI
360 Nigeria’s health systems strengthening strategy and work plans that
clearly address the WHO HSS building blocks.
- Develop and implement framework for capacity development for the
different departments in the design and implementation of
evidence-based health systems policies and practices related to their
technical programs and units.
- S/he will contribute to FHI 360’s provision of technical
assistance to FHI 360 Nigeria partners and implementing agencies at all
levels to develop/review, implement and monitor health systems and
laboratory strategies and activities.
- Along with the STO HSS, ensure technical soundness in the implementation of FHI 360’s health systems strengthening grants.
- Assist in providing technical assistance in different health
systems strengthening aspects using the six WHO building blocks and a
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years post national
youth service experience with at least 1 year’s progressive experience
in health systems strengthening, health financing, human resource for
health management or other related areas.
- MPH or M.Sc. in related degree with at least 3 to 5years post
national youth service experience with at least 3 years progressive
experience in health systems strengthening, health financing, human
resource for health management or other related areas.
- Experience in health systems analysis, health financing
(including budgeting and health accounts), human resource for health
(including workload analysis), and service delivery required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal supervision and under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics and
quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for
- Ability to represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Familiarity with technical and health management approaches
relevant to the work of the National AIDS & STI Control, National TB
Control Programs, National Malaria Control Program and RH especially at
the state, LGA and community levels.
- Knowledge of the key principles and approaches to health systems strengthening.
- Working knowledge of scientific literature related to
reproductive health, HIV prevention and treatment, and other infectious
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the
political and ethical issues surrounding RH and HIV programs and
- Ability to evaluate relevance of data or information, as well as
work with staff to resolve differences in interpretation of
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically as part of a
team or independently to advance the interest of research and public
health in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply