Job Title: Chauffeur, FSN-03/FP-BB
Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbents serve as Motor Pool Chauffeurs.
Note: All applicants Must address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years professional driving experience is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in
English is required. Language proficiency will be tested. Level III
(Good working knowledge) of any widely spoken local language is
- Good geographical knowledge of Lagos, other cities and
neighboring countries, including traffic laws and regulations and
ability to drive carefully and cautiously in heavy and chaotic traffic
situations on poorly maintain roads is required.
- Good knowledge of automotive operations, safety and maintenance
practices, and ability to recognize a hazardous or dangerous situation
and take appropriate action is required.
- Must have valid Nigerian Class E driver’s license and ability to communicate clearly on the phone or by radio when necessary.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
Or – Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N3,213,591 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-03
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – AEFM/EFM – US$22,058 Starting basic salary p.a. Grade: FP-BB
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2016
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats,
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S.
Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered,
but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does
have to Be assigned officially to post.