Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international
medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more
than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics,
natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. MSF-Spain
has the following vacant position:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
(Reference No. 14_DY16)
Place of Work: Damaturu LGA in Kokarita Health Clinic
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention.
Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the
necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and
implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times
and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures
professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according
to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance,
organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating
in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the
illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to
follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients,
through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the
necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can
be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration
with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and
equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality,
disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general
compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from MSF staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work
- Medical Doctor diploma Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
- 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration
experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, AE, infectious
diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or
- Local languages essential, mission language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- People Management;
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV and motivation letter either by email to:
Or in person to
MSF Office in Yakubu Bello House
near Yobe Scholars Academy in Jerusalem.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 12th February 2016
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!