FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Alive & Thrive is an initiative to save lives, prevent illness, and
ensure healthy growth and development through improved breastfeeding
and complementary feeding practices. In its first five years (2009 to
2014), A&T demonstrated that innovative approaches to improving
feeding practices could be delivered with impact and at scale in
Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Viet Nam. Alive & Thrive continues its
work there and is supporting others to scale up nutrition by applying
and adapting tested, proven approaches and tools in Burkina Faso, India,
Southeast Asia, and Nigeria. Alive & Thrive is funded by the Bill
& Melinda Gates Foundation and the governments of Canada and
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job ID: 16822
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Finance & Operations Manager, the
driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the
Duties and Responsibilities
- Convey FHI Nigeria Staff and Consultants to designated approved locations.
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned.
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfill special request by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely
changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies
including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and
necessary spare parts.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Leaving Certificates, Apprentice Certificate or
any other equivalent Certificates with a minimum of 1 year experience.
- A clean driver’s license, Class E; additional safe driving courses preferred.
- Proven track record of safe driving.
- Excellent organizational and communications skill
- Ability to take and execute instructions accurately.
- Prepared to frequently travel to field sites.
- Intuitive and possessing common sense.
- Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage.
- Experience with large complex organization preferred
- Strong familiarity with Abuja, based location and surrounding areas.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply