FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Alive & Thrive is an initiative to save lives, prevent illness, and
ensure healthy growth and development through improved breastfeeding
and complementary feeding practices. In its first five years (2009 to
2014), A&T demonstrated that innovative approaches to improving
feeding practices could be delivered with impact and at scale in
Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Viet Nam. Alive & Thrive continues its
work there and is supporting others to scale up nutrition by applying
and adapting tested, proven approaches and tools in Burkina Faso, India,
Southeast Asia, and Nigeria. Alive & Thrive is funded by the Bill
& Melinda Gates Foundation and the governments of Canada and
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Associate
Job ID: 16821
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Finance and Administrative Associate is responsible for
providing finance, operations, administrative, and logistical support to
- S/he will work closely with the Alive & Thrive (A&T)
Finance and Operations Manager to ensure smooth operations of
A&T/Nigeria office in compliance with policies and regulations.
- S/he will provide logistical support for all project activities,
as necessary, including organizing workshops, coordinating travel, and
maintaining office property.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany imprest and executed sub project documents.
- Maintain and manage petty cash and report to Finance and
Operations Manager at the end of the month with accounts distribution
for replenishment; prepare petty cash vouchers and disbursements
- Prepare on a monthly basis, physical inventory of both expendable and non-expendable property, and forward a copy to for HQ.
- Assist Finance and Operations Manager to purchase travel
tickets, book hotel rooms, and organize airport pickup and drop off for
staff, counterparts and consultants by coordinating with the Travel
Department and others as required.
- Assist Contracts and Procurements Manager with procurement
logistics such as collection of quotes, sending out RFPs, assembling
procurement package, and tracking deliverables and payments.
- Manage the office supplies procurement including monitoring and
replenishing to ensure adequate supplies at all times as well as
maintaining the supplies storage
- Under the direction of the Finance & Operations Manager, prepare requisitions for goods and services
- Manage photocopying, printing, scanning, courier, DHL etc needs of the office
- Attend and support administrative matters at workshops, seminar proceedings as the need arises
- Organize business meetings and workshops as necessary, including
engaging speakers, making room arrangements, arranging refreshments,
sending invitations, collecting meeting materials, and taking minutes as
- Maintain filing system for all financial and other files as assigned.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration
- Sound accounting skills
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with administrative and secretarial skills
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply