Job Title: Chauffeur
Reference no: FSN-03/FP-BB
- The incumbents carefully and responsibly drive official vehicles
to various locations in Abuja, and on some occasions, to other cities
in Nigeria. Also drive DOD HPN personnel and visitors to various
locations including ministries, embassies, and other business
- Provide daily preventive maintenance of DOD HPN vehicles,
ensuring that the interiors of the vehicles are in clean conditions,
check fluids levels, hoses, belts and connections.
- Additionally, they will ensure passengers fasten seat belts at all times and maintain a daily vehicle mileage log.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years professional driving experience is required.
- Must have a good knowledge of automotive operations, safety and maintenance practices.
- Must have a valid Nigeria driver’s license and basic computer skills
- Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Knowledge of Nigeria traffic laws and regulations, geography of the Abuja city and the country in general is required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
- Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that
the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of
- Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least
one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered
eligible to apply for this position.
- Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Ordinary Resident – N3,213,591.00 P.A (Starting basic salary).
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in
accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
- NOR – AEFM/ EFM – US$22,058
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards,
copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements
of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
Submit Application to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here for more information
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S.
Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be
considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com)
authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 9th March, 2016.