IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications
infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain –
colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia
and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s
tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Job Title: Head, Corporate Commercial
Head, Corporate Commercial will build and maintain strong communication
channels with IHS current and potential customers, both externally and
internally and also represent and promote IHS by maintaining a presence
at professional events and networks.
Individual must be committed to understanding and exceeding our
customers’ needs and developing trusted, reliable and collaborative
relationships; consistently operating at the highest standards of good
- Identify and advise on appropriate contracts and transactions in alignment with the Company’s business and growth plans;
that all contractual documents of the Company are in compliance with
applicable laws, guideline, regulations and best practice;
- Provide general legal support to other business segments of the Company;
and maintain an enterprise-wide contract management system, framework
contract templates, structures, policies, processes and templates;
effective working relationships with the various business functions
within the Company, and with customers to support business
decision-making and foster long term customer relationship.
- Provide and interpret legal document/opinions/information;
- Lead, deal with, and handle complex and significant legal matters that cut across the business segments of the Company;
manage and support external counsel on legal matters that require
external legal services (e.g. high value or complex deals and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the telecommunication sector preferred;
- Research skills required;
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and high-performing, business results-driven corporate environment;
- Demonstrated ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Business-oriented and computer literate;
in negotiating commercial contracts and demonstrate ability to handle
and close commercial and legal negotiations with minimal supervision;
- LLM in Commercial Law/ MBA;
- 10+ years of corporate commercial law experience in leading law firms in the country and/or corporate legal department.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply