Pernod Ricard is the world’s co-leader in wines and spirits with consolidated sales of € 7,945 million in 2013/14.
Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has
undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and
acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin & Sprit
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand
portfolios in the sector: ABSOLUT Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s,
Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson
Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Kahlúa
and Malibu liqueurs, G.H.Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well as
Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Graffigna wines.
Job Title: Key Distributor Manager
Purpose of Role (LAGOS BASED)
Distributors are our primary route to consumer in Nigeria. They
must have the right level of infrastructure, capability in their
organization for the delivery of our business goals. The KD Exec has
accountability for supporting the broader Distributor team to develop
and sustain amazing relationships with our distributors. They will
implement our joint strategy and development plans with distributors
and have a strong focus on working with distributors’ salesforce to
develop the capability within their organisations.
Responsible for identifying Capex Budget for Distributor development required in assigned territory.
Training and potential recruitment of distributor organization in conjunction with Key Distributor team.
Control of financial payments made to distributors based on results delivered against any agreed KPIs linked to incentives.
b) Market Complexity
to the National key distributor development manager. Responsible for
the development of distributor infrastructure and capability.
c) Leadership Responsibilities
be able to influence, inspire and drive performance without having
direct management responsibility for distributor or PRN staff
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
for the development, tracking, deployment of distributor
infrastructure. Ensure all conditions in place locally to make
warehousing development, other supply chain and warehouse management
principles are applied at distributors.
for training and structured coaching of distributor and PRN on
distributor development initiatives like ERPs IT infrastructure and
other RtC initiatives. Wide influencing needed.
3. Collate local reporting and identify main priorities for improvement by the Divisional teams.
ensure that Monthly action plans are effective, especially for the
weakest distributors on Warehouse infrastructure – to achieve this
must regularly track distributor delivery against agreed timelines for
5. Deploy and utilise Fixed coverage plan leveraging support tools (SFA & Dashboards)
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University Degree minimum second class, lower division
- A strong track record in Sales ideally with experience in more than one area of Sales including customer or distributor facing role
- 3-5 years
- A good understanding of all Capabilities with the ability to work with distributors to apply these. Particularly important is Distributor Management, Targeted Trade Investment and Customer/Channel Profitability
- Good commercial understanding and market knowledge. Previous experience of managing/leading teams either directly or indirectly and a strong track record as a coach is valuable. Able to build true partnerships with distributors and internally with other functions. Previous experience of distributor management a distinct advantage
- High levels of financial and P&L literacy as well as strong planning and project management skills are important.
- Experience of working within and or with other functions and a track record of delivering results through cross functional teams, particularly marketing, supply and corporate relations is particularly valuable.
- High degree of presentation and coaching skills
- Good MS office skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply