we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be
world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world
seeking top technical talent.
Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial
spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the
many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
We have a vision to train 100,000
world-class fellows in the next 10 years. Read more about why Forbes
magazine named us one of the 10 most important social impact companies today.
Job Title: Travel Associate
About the Travel Associate Role
We are seeking a dedicated, passionate, detail-oriented Travel Associate to
facilitate the complex logistics required for all Lagos-related travel
for all members of the Andela team. At Andela we know that talent is
evenly distributed but that opportunity is not. As a top-notch travel
associate, you’ll also be instrumental in connecting extraordinary
talent in Africa to new opportunities around the world.
We are looking for a
self-starter. Someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves, jump in
and be prepared for some long hours when necessary, and help us build an
incredible business that can change the lives of young people in
Africa. This is a chance to get on-the-ground experience with a seasoned
team of entrepreneurs that’s plugged into the heart of Lagos’ growing
technology startup community with active interactions with our team
members in New York and Nairobi.
As the right candidate, you are
excited about and naturally gifted at handling all aspects of travel
arrangement and providing all around office support. The following tasks
are associated with this role:
and arrange all local and international travel, accommodation, transit,
meet & greet and other logistical requirements as required of any
Andela fellow or team member;
the accurate, timely and cost-effective management of financial
arrangements relating to travel, accommodation of Andela fellows and
- To prepare information packages to travellers and calculate applicable per diem
- To assist
prospective travellers with Visa application forms, gather all required
documents and prepare for visa applicants for processing
- Provide timely updates on travel matters via our internal communication channel.
- To keep all staff profiles / travel files up to date
- To prepare and submit monthly travel reports as required
- Manage the travel playbook and update intermittently.
- Provide timely updates on the passport tracker for prospective travel applicants.
- Work and liaise with the Accounts, Success and Operations departments to create travel budgets
- Disseminate travel cards/cash to travellers
- Review the
travel requirements intermittently and advise on possible ways of
enhancing the cost-effectiveness of services provided through Travel
Agents and other means;
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- 1–3 years of travel coordination experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must be able to adhere to deadlines and perform high-quality work under general supervision.
- Excellent organizational and calendar management skills.
- Solid grasp of Google word processing and spreadsheet programs, communication and collaboration tools.
- Ability to work in an open, transparent and collaborative
environment.Ability to multi-task, adapt quickly and easily to changing
requirements in a fast-paced, tech-based organization.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt quickly and easily to changing requirements in a fast-paced, tech-based organization.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Apps; DropBox and other relevant office coordination tools.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a reputable University
- Ability to start ASAP
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should Click Here to Apply