Job Title: Program Specialist, Quality Assurance Management, FSN-10
Location: Abuja – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Branch Chief for Epidemiology,
Strategic Information, and Health Systems Strengthening, the incumbent
provides technical expertise to improve the quality of HIV/AIDS services
that U.S. CDC Nigeria is providing in collaboration with the Federal
Ministry of Health (FMOH).
- S/he supports CDC Nigeria in the assurance of data and service
quality through review and assessment (e.g. data quality audits; DQA)
and the promotion and coordination of continuous quality improvement
Note: All applicants MUST address each required
qualification listed below with specific information supporting each
item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant
is not qualified:
- Master’s Degree in any of the following: Medicine, Public
Health, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Behavioral Sciences, Applied
Mathematics or related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working as an M&E or
quality assurance officer in a health/medical research organization,
university or public health program implementing agency, based in a
developing country is required.
- Ability to lead project teams, workgroup and to develop
effective working relationships with national and international working
partners is required. Additionally, s/he is required to exercise
considerable innovation during an attempt to influence other
collaborative organizations engaged in HIV/AIDS prevention programs to
adopt appropriate M&E strategies for their program activities.
- Proficiency in MS Office, (Word, Excel, Access), and statistical software packages (SAS, SPSS and STATA) is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Knowledge of program evaluation, strategies and techniques as
well as infectious disease prevention activities. Knowledge of the
application of program management and the translation of evaluation data
as it pertains to the improvement of program operations,
guidelines/policies and familiarity with the health care system of
Nigeria is required.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories
are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe
their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a
determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S.
Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of
the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and,
if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not
received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy
announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in
the application process.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not
eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating
of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee
Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA)
or a Personal Service Agreement (PAS) are not eligible to apply within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a
When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Or Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N8,795,684 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-10
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident -AEFM/EFM – US$49,804
(Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-05/5*
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number
on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A
U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to
be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered.
Application Deadline 28th April, 2016.