Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built
on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Guinness, Alexander Walker and all those many talented people that
followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people and
businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated.
Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same
The following vacancy exists in our Lagos office:
Job Title: Head of Reserve
Reports To: Commercial Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Nigeria is embarking on a transformation of it’s business. Spirits will
play a core role in this change. The Head of Reserve will lead delivery
of this important pillar of the overall Performance Ambition. The
channels and customers where Reserve is the most important segment of
our portfolio are early in their development in Nigeria. The portfolio
spreads across multiple sprits categories, with multiple premium price
Purpose of Role
the multifunctional Reserve team to deliver breakthrough performance
short and long term. Drives success across key Reserve business
deliverables:- Strategy development, Commercial Planning, Performance
(Full P&L responsibility).
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
Externally focused Commercial opportunity identification and Strategy development.
Unlocks consumer, shopper and customer insights to generate breakthrough performance opportunities.
understands external opportunities to drive the creation and execution
of a clear and powerful commercial strategy for Diageo’s Reserve
portfolio in Nigeria. Takes full ownership for winning.
Relationship Management with key External and Internal stakeholders and Influencers
influence and lead cross-functionally to get stakeholder ownership for
Reserve objectives. Can orchestrate Consumer Marketing, Consumer
Marketing, Field Sales and the broader business to achieve shared
in building customer collaboration and commitment at all stage of the
value chain. Negotiates with skill to achieve win-win outcomes. Builds
- Coaches and
trains the Reserve team to fulfill their potential. Infuses luxury
knowhow and knowledge, while building strong transferable functional
skills. Builds a healthy Reserve talent pipeline.
- Delivers Reserve short and long term financial objectives sustainably.
to identify and prioritise highest value creating activities and role
models rapid approach to swift, effective decision making.
- Drive rigour and discipline in all executional activities to enable performance measurement and continuous improvement.
- Champions compliance and ethics in business delivery with zero tolerance of non-compliant behaviour.
- Clearly identifies, deploys and holds accountability for delivering Reserve executional standards.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role, either within an FMCG or luxury environment.
- Cross functional experience across commercial / marketing.
- An understanding of competitors, distributors and key customers, and what it takes to win in the luxury sphere.
expert coach and trainer of both functional and leadership capability
development. Able to instill luxury understanding and capability into
the Guinness Nigeria Reserve team.
- HND/University Degree in commercial or equivalent field.
- Comprehensive commercial and financial decision making experience including channel profitability and targeted trade investment.
- A passion for Luxury and Reserve, with a real ambition to achieve breakthrough in this space.
Policies highly relevant to the Commercial Function
12 (twelve) policies are relevant to the role of Head of Reserve, in addition, the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business.
These policies are available on the Compliance and Ethics page of
Mosaic. It is your responsibility to be fully aware of the policies when
you commence this role and if you have any questions for clarification,
please consult your Line Manager.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply