Guinness Nigeria Plc
– We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading
premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage
alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the
Spirits, Wine & Beer
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer
at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver
sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and
partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Activation Manager – East
Location: Aba, Nigeria
Reports To: Customer Marketing Director
A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an
effective Customer Marketing team demonstrating industry leadership-
translating trade strategy and brand Game Plans into a world class
Commercial plan – winning the visibility war at the point of purchase
and meeting both trade and consumer needs.
- Based on the new RTC channel reclassification and expansion, a
total of 12 channels have been identified within our coverage universe –
each with clearly defined standards that need to be activated in line
with our defined activation standards.
- The heightened competitive and dynamic beer landscape in Nigeria
with multiple brands, formats, sku’s and price points adds an
additional level of complexity to this role in driving executional
brilliance and standards across all channels and locations.
- Our ever expanding product portfolio further stretches the scope
of this role as it is responsible for activating our entire GN
portfolio across all priority channels with significant cross functional
stakeholder management required (CPR, Sales Operations, Commercial
finance, Brand teams, Activation teams, Sales teams)
Purpose of Role
- To play a key role in enabling GN PLC to accelerate its
commercial agenda, delivering significant financial benefit by ensuring
that the commercial calendar is activated, monitored and reported OTIF
and in line with the agreed activation standards.
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
Joined Up Business Planning:
- Supports in the development of the JUBP by brand, channel, division and customer.
- Supports in ensuring that the CM activity execution/activation
calendar, is optimized in line with field sales capacity and capability
- Supports the quarterly activity planning cycle effectiveness
Activity Planning & Commercial calendar:
- Supports the development of the commercial channel and customer activation plans (including investment)
- Leads the Project management of the in-field execution/activation of the commercial activity calendar.
- Use expertise in the outlet universe to drive brilliant execution.
- Maintains & orchestrates the trade activation/execution calendar.
- Accountable for trade activation budget and ensures that all spend are in line with plan and agreed guidelines
Sales & Category Growth Drivers:
- Leads the in-field execution/activation, monitoring &
reporting of the relevant Sales & category/portfolio growth drivers.
- Also supports the broader sales team to execute brilliantly against them at maximum scale
Sales Cycle Briefings:
- Owns the sales cycle briefing sessions and coordinates the execution
Qualifications and Experience Required (Max 5 – 8 key requirements)
- A strong track record in Sales at a management level, with
experience in at least two areas of Sales including ideally Field Sales.
A track record in roles that require analytical thinking, data trend
analysis and diagnosis
- This role requires strong project management skills, commercial
and financial capability/acumen, a high level of computer literacy and
previous experience of working with other parts of Sales and other
functions particularly marketing and Finance is critical. Must also have
a good track record in previous roles.
- 5yrs commercial experience in field sales & customer marketing
- Undergraduate degree level or equivalent (PG business oriented
professional certification and or academic qualification is desirable
but not mandatory)
- Previous experience of:
- Managing others/leading managers and getting results through cross functional teams is valuable.
- Strategic planning, linking strategy into implementation through customer plans is important.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!