Job Title: Human Resources Clerk, FSN-06/FP-08*
Location: Abuja Human Resources Office
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent assists with various Human Resources programs and
performs assigned administrative duties including maintenance of subject
files and preparation of reports on various Human Resources issues.
Note: All applicants MUST address each required
qualification listed below with specific information supporting each
item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant
is not qualified.
- Two (2) years of College or University studies in any of the following: Social Science, Management, or Liberal Arts is required.
- Knowledge of office administration procedure is required.
- Must be tactful in dealing with HR customers; and must have strong interpersonal and good writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel packages with the
ability to type 40 WPM and perform basic calculation is required. Typing
proficiency will be tested.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Human Resources field or general office administration is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories
are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe
their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a
determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S.
Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of
the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty,
and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not
received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy
announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in
the application process.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not
eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating
of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee
Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA)
or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When
Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
Or Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N3,591,291 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM, EFM/MOH – US$36,837
(Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-AA EFM/MOH– US$31,614, (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08*
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements
as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement
number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for
Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be
residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring
officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have
to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considere.