IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications
infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded
in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value
colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire,
Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and
Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: CSR Manager
- The successful applicant will be responsible for helping IHS
Nigeria make progress in its commitment to become a more sustainable and
socially responsible company.
- This position makes recommendations, and helps to execute
strategies that enhance the company’s approach to all social
responsibility issues, including sustainability, governance, community
involvement, and charitable giving.
- Serve as internal expert and external representative on CSR issues.
- Benchmark competition and industry best practices.
- Build effective relationships with the management team and
advise on development of initiatives that further IHS’ CSR commitment,
and champion them within their departments.
- Design CSR plans and work with relevant internal stakeholders to implement them, whilst managing and tracking goals and metrics.
- Manage external consultants, and interns, as needed.
- Develop a comprehensive annual sustainability plan in connection
with representatives of related departments covering energy use, waste
reduction, carbon footprint, employee involvement, and external
- Secure employee engagement in environmental programs, including
maintaining an intranet portal, developing incentive programs, planning
and executing inperson events, delivering presentations, and supporting
- Work with external communications (and other) parties to pursue
appropriate public relations, marketing, recognition and awards to
validate IHS’s CSR efforts.
- Coordinate volunteer activities and events, drumming up support and persuading employee participation.
- Manage the CSR reporting process, working with other departments
especially Technology and CR to collect social and environmental data.
- Take primary responsibility for maintaining internal and external CSR web portals.
- Participate in CSR membership organizations and attend conferences.
- Work on special CSR projects in coordination with other
departments, such as investment strategy, philanthropy, public policy
advocacy, and wellness.
- Identify and implement sponsorships with nonprofit and other organizations to demonstrate commitment externally.
- The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of society
and the positive effects CSR (Corporate Social Responsbility) can have
on the external environment.
- Knowledge of how CSR influences stakeholder relations, and how
CSR fits into the wider strategic business context, and company brand,
- The successful applicant must have experience of managing a CSR budget, along side Community Relations experience.
- Ability to influence senior management and peers, build business
cases to tie social responsibility to core business strategy, and lead
- Expertise in social and environmental responsibility, community involvement, and communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Business insight and commercial awareness.
- Adaptability and empathy.
- Strong leader and team player – also ‘self-starters’.
- Integrity and open minded.
- Persuasive and self-confident presenters, able to sell in business cases.
- Understanding of different educational, human rights and sustainability issues.
- Influential, with political and environmental awareness.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Good communicator with ability to make public presentations and create effective written and web content.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with senior executives and grassroots employees.
- Creativity and resourcefulness in developing and executing engagement plans, communications campaigns, and community events.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply