International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an
international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D)
organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees,
member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the
development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop
quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and
generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally
recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally
recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks application from suitable qualified Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Job Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2016-024
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
M&E System Design and Training:
- Review the project objective hierarchy and results framework
matrices for each of the project components (inputs,
activities/processes, outputs, outcomes and impacts) and ensure
alignment with relevant RTB Flagships and Clusters;
- Develop the data management system for substantive reporting on the project activities;
- Conduct workshops for internal and external stakeholders on
results-based M&E; and in the use of the M&E tools developed,
with an express focus on economic sustainability along the seed value
- Identify and design performance questions, key indicators and
targets, business metrics for profitability analysis of the each of the
seed value chain activities;
- Working closely with the project component leads and the Project
Coordinator, develop and facilitate the M&E plan implementation
including data capture, analysis and reportage;
Performance Measurement and Impact Assessment:
- Determine information needs of the project team, partners, and cooperating institutions;
- Conduct/participate in evaluations (baseline, mid-term, end of
project); and internal/external impact assessment studies as needed;
- Provide M&E advice, and support the project team in the use of M&E data for decision making as needed.
- Build consensus with the project team and stakeholders on how to
record, report, and analyse progress against targets; and design
formats for reporting on progress;
- Conduct monitoring visits to project sites;
- Design and manage learning / critical reflection events to be
held with the project team, partners, and other stakeholders towards
scale up and out;
- Collect, compile, analyse, and consolidate progress reports for
project management in accordance with approved reporting formats;
- Contribute to the establishment and development of a database for M&E integrated with the RTB-M&E platform.
The M&E Officer will present to the Project Coordinator, as needed,
predetermined deliverables including but not limited to:
- The project M&E framework that provides linkages between the
project activities, results, indicators, tools and methodology for data
- Database for data management (data entry, analysis, report generation, data and information storage);
- Reports of site visits to project sites that outline details of interactions with stakeholders,
- Reports of critical reflection sessions and consensus built for project activity improvement;
- Comprehensive reports on project performance for each period
under review based on M&E data collected including recommendations
for timely adjustment/improvement of project delivery;
- The project M&E plan that details the results framework,
approach to data management, indicator targets, data collection and data
analyses protocols, management utility for indicator data, data quality
assessment procedures, reporting schedules, and strategies for
evaluation and special studies;
- Tools for data collection, collation, analysis, and report generation and dissemination;
- MSc or equivalent in Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Development with strong quantitative skills.
- At least five (5) years of work experience in the design and
implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation system, preferably in the
Ideal Candidate must have:
- Experience in conducting M&E training sessions, including facilitation skills.
- Strong planning, system development and organizational skills, including results orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Proficiency in statistical
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and
excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed
curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of
three professional referees which must include either the Head of
applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s
direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current
Application Deadline 31st May, 2016.