Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the
world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection
of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the
& Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key
contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective
& flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in
both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer
at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver
sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and
partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Function: Supply Operations
Reports to: Site Director, Nigeria
Context and Purpose of Role
- Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA)
business and currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a
portfolio of products including Stout, Malta, Lager, Spirits and Ready
to drink brands. Nigeria is the 2nd largest market for the Guinness
Stout brand globally. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a
significant player in the national economy.
- We are looking to fill the role of Engineering Manager, Ogba in
the Supply Chain function to serve as an integral member towards the
delivery of our performance ambition through the areas of plant
efficiency, particularly Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) in Packaging
& Brewing, asset maintenance and cost reduction.
- The role is responsible for managing programs that ensure 100%
availability of services/utilities on the site through the management of
personnel and asset, delivery of asset care in line with Diageo
standards, embedding materials requisition planning process for
engineering spares to optimize maintenance.
- The Engineering Manager, Ogba will also drive the Diageo Africa
Supply BPM objectives on utilities cost, maintenance cost, energy ratio
and environmental set targets.
- Responsible for all operations in the Engineering department.
Driving compliance, enforcing technical/functional adherence/compliance,
reporting & maintaining engineering standards in the brewery to
achieve set plant efficiencies.
- Responsible for Capability Development within Engineering.
- Drive Compliance with Diageo Risk Management Standards within the Engineering department.
- Enforce the company’s standards of health, safety and
environmental practices, the protection of personnel in the brewery as
well as the protection of the company assets.
- Responsible for Engineering cost management, driving continuous
improvement and cost reduction within Engineering using World Class
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Honours degree in an engineering discipline.
- Implementation of leading World Class Manufacturing related initiatives such as PPMS(Perfect Plant Manufacturing Systems)
- Track record of delivering improvement by aligning key colleagues behind a clear, shared vision for change.
- Has presence to be able to influence maintenance culture positively towards departmental and site visions.
- Chartered Engineer – Member of Nigeria Society of Engineers and COREN Registered.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in an engineering management role within a brewing or FMCG manufacturing environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply