Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
Job Title: Information & Comm. Technology Supervisor
- Install and maintain systems and communications’ software and hardware according to MSF standards and policies, and support users, in order to ensure the efficient use of ITC systems and equipment.
Mission ITC support
- Together with the Deputy Logistics Coordinator, analyze the
ICT needs of the mission, draw up a draft of the ICT budget, and design
an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and
- Train log managers, supervisors and radio operators, on daily
maintenance tasks and first level support, in order to improve their
capabilities and lead time response.
- Provides qualified assistance to users in order to organize
and prioritize their data based on their value, in order to optimize the
size of data subject to back up.
- Assist the log managers in ITC equipment inventory & labeling
- Provide a help desk support and training to users (on
software, hardware, telecom problems, etc.) in order to satisfy their
needs, ensure fluent communications in the mission as well as the
correct use, maintenance and running of IT equipments and networks.
ITC Maintenance, Repair & Security
- Plan and provide network security to ensure that appropriate
access points are used internally on the LAN/WLAN’s, and to prevent
- Identify and implement Information management practices to
enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development,
checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards,
- Ensure questions and problems related to ITC are solved (if
appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any
- Manage and update a small stock of spare parts and replacing
obsolete materials when necessary, of ICT environments, telecom and
hardware equipments, according to MSF policies and procedures in place
at any time.
- Participate in preparation of ITC equipment to be sent for
repair: description of problem on the repair form, cleaning &
- Manage and execute security management protocols (anti-malware
updates and software patching; firewall protection; radio protection,
etc.) in order to ensure an immediate operational recovery/continuity in
case of emergency and data security availability.
- Together with log managers supervise the regular Backup process for all the missions.
- Manage and provide corrective and preventive maintenance activities (check-up, cleaning, etc.).
- Manage and provide updating and upgrading activities in order
to ensure that all the users and their equipments on the network are
standardized with respect to virus protection, software, and hardware
and network configuration.
Local market assessment (ITC equipments & service providers):
- Compares quality of equipment, software and internet
providers/services, in order to optimize the procurement decisions and
ensure local assistance.
- Reports and refer unsolved questions and problems, as well as
unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively
provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
- Provide visit report and monthly report to be sent to the deputy logco and the log manager
- Advanced diploma in IT
- Desirable degree in technical engineering.
- Desirable experience in MSF.
- Desirable at least 1 year experience on similar position
- Essential, working knowledge of English and good command of ICT English. .
- Administration of Operational Systems (W7, W10)
- MS Office 2007/2010
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Desktop, Laptop and devices
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
- Use and realization of Image Disk
- Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Radio HF & VHF/ Antennas: installation, frequencies programming
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and Devices
- Good knowledge of electrical appliances
- Stress Management
- Interest for MSF
- Abuja based but 70% of the time on the different field project (Jahun, Maiduguri, Port Harcourt, new project)
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Abuja (No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp, Gwarimpa District) (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk). (WITH REF ICT SUPERVISOR 2016.)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: 17TH JUNE 2016.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other
types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF
reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted
from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued
through the judicial system.