Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is implementing a
3-year Bill and Melinda Gates funded project in Nigeria and Kenya. The
Nigeria project is being implemented in Nassarawa State. The project
proposes to develop a group care model for ANC appropriate to the
that will support the MOH to operationalize its
guidelines and test whether this alternative model of ANC is more
effective, feasible, and acceptable than the current standard of care at
achieving better coverage and quality of ANC services.
The project is designed for high-volume government health facilities and
will explore the opportunities and challenges of different settings
(urban, pert-urban, and rural) to inform scale-up. The Group ANC study
is designed to evaluate the effectiveness, acceptability and feasibility
of Group ANC as compared to traditional ANC. This study introduces a
group care model in two phases: – Improve the quality of facility based
ANC, Increase retention in care and the use of key services during
pregnancy, childbirth and the year following birth among women over the
standard care available.
We hereby invite applications from qualified candidates for the under-listed position:
Job Title: Driver
- Responsible for driving the vehicle for GANC business purposes, including driving passengers as directed by the office, also:
- Make scheduled passenger pick-ups and drop-offs, as directed by the Administrative Officer
- Adhere to the JHPIEGO security procedures and other policies
- Responsible for the collection and dispatching of mails/deliveries with the officer in charge
- Assist in setup and preparation of workshops or other training events, including packaging and hauling of materials
- Complete the vehicle log daily
- Document all errands, trips and deliveries daily
- Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure the
smooth functioning of the office and the achievement of project goals
- Ensure that all passengers wear seat belts at all times
- Ensure that passengers are kept as secure as possible
- Report any suspicious threats or security situations to the Administrative Officer immediately
- Responsible for cleaning and providing preventive maintenance on the vehicle.
- Responsible for liaising with Administrative Officer in fueling and performing repairs on the vehicle.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC) with a pass in English and Mathematics.
- Valid driving license with excellent driving ability
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines
- Working knowledge of Hausa language will be an advantage,
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Residence in Lafia, Nasarawa State will be a strong advantage.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in an NGO
- Basic knowledge of automobiles and ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the position of what you have applied for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pro-employment background investigation.
Application Deadline 8th July, 2016.