Job Title: Plumber, FSN- 04/FP-AA
Location: Lagos – Facilities Maintenance Section (FAC)
Work Hours: Full-time; 48 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent is directly supervised by the Maintenance Supervisor for all assigned duties as a Plumber in the plumbing trade.
- Assigned duties involve installation, maintenance and repair of
utility, supply and disposal systems, fixtures fittings and equipment
such as sewage, water, gas and oil lines, compresses air, vacuum and
acid systems, water closets, water heaters, hydrants, valves and pumps.
Note: All applicants MUST address each required
qualification listed below with specific information supporting each
item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant
is not qualified.
- Completion of Elementary/Primary School and Vocational training school is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years journeyman plumbing experience is required.
- Must be able to use all types of plumbing tools.
- A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
- Level I (rudimentary) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Must have full journeyman plumbing knowledge of established practices and procedures.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference
categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe
their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a
determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S.
Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of
the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and,
if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not
received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy
announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in
the application process.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not
eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating
of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee
Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA)
or a Personal Service Agreement (PAS) are not eligible to apply
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they
have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
Or – Ordinarily Resident – N3,599,599 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-04
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM, EFM/MOH – US$25,261 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-AA
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174) – PDF; or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum
requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title
and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Point of Contact: Tel: Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for
Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be
residing in country to be considered, but the
sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority
does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2016.