Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
Job Title: Country Electrician
- Carry out installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by each project.
- Assist with urgent support/ advice and carry out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions.
- Perform annual maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the mission.
- Carry out and update the electrical installations inventory
- Elaborate the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects
- Identify local technical actors, and organize their participation in the project
- Support the supply team in validation and quality control of energy equipment, spare parts, tools…
- Support logisticians on needs identification in terms of electrical materials, equipment’s & tools.
- Organize the technical training of the teams in charge of the service of electrical installations and equipment
- Carry out and regular update of power assessments in all MSF facilities in the mission.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Essential degree education and formal technical training. Electrician training or diploma required.
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF,
- Previous working experience as an electrician – 2 years mandatory
- Result oriented commitment, flexibility, stress management and capacity to work as a team.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa (preferably).
- Abuja based but 70% of the time on the different field project (Jahun, Maiduguri, Port Harcourt, new project)
- Full-time, unlimited contract duration starting as soon as possible.
- 208 working hours per month
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of diplomas and a cover letter with contact details to:
Applications can be submitted by mail to
MSF France, Plot 26, Olu Agabi, Close, Life Camp,
Gwarinpa District, Abuja, Nigeria, in person (“application box” by the
watchman desk) or by email to: [email protected]
With reference (COUNTRY ELECTRICIAN)
Deadline for the submission of applications: 6th June 2016.
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in
kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment
process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having
benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be
pursued through the judicial system.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!