Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
- Supervise the daily logistics activities in Abuja and provide maintenance to the MSF equipments, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures for the capital (office, stores, expats houses,…)
- Ensure the check and follow-up of capital facilities:
- Carry out daily visits to the facilities, reporting any anomalies or problems to the line manager.
- Evaluate rehabilitation needs and following up minor building
rehabilitation work in accordance with instructions given by his
supervisor, and accounting to him/her on progress
- Coordinate and lead the logistics team under his/her responsibility, in particular:
- Define each person’s tasks, supervising them on a daily basis
and checking the quality of their work (punctuality, rigour, quality,
- Draw up working schedules for logistics teams for each department or facility.
- Organise and lead meetings of the team under his supervision.
- Participate in the recruitment of personnel for his team.
- Attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
- Provide technical support to the storekeeper:
- Check-up of equipments in store
- Description of items in store, etc…
- Check that premises observe security norms (fire extinguishers present, electrical installations earthed, etc.).
- Carry out inventory of equipment in the premises and send it to the capital log manager
- Carry out initial inventory & status for new rental premises
- Planning required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up & other assets according to MSF standards
- Education: Technical Diploma or Degree required.
- Experience: One year experience at least with MSF or 2 years in a similar position out of MSF.
- Languages: English is mandatory, local language desirable.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Stress Management.
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Abuja (No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp, Gwarimpa District) (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk). (WITH REF. LOG SUPERVISOR 2016)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: 17TH JUNE 2016.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other
types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF
reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited
from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued
through the judicial system.