Mercy Corps Nigeria’s humanitarian program aims to provide assistance to
populations affected by the crisis in Northeast Nigeria. With funding
from humanitarian donors including OFDA, FFP, EU, and ECHO the
humanitarian programs engage in several interventions including but not
food assistance, non-food items (NFI), protection,
livelihoods, cash transfers, WASH and capacity building of humanitarian
response actors. Mercy Corps is scaling-up and expanding its
humanitarian response in Northeast Nigeria to reach more beneficiaries
with additional assistance in a wider geographic area.
Mercy Corps Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Electronic Platform & Vendor Relations
Location: Gombe (with travel to Adamawa and S. Borno)
General Position Summary
- Reporting to the Team Leader, the Electronic Platform &
Vendor Relations Program Officer will be responsible for leading
processes that enable electronic voucher (e-voucher) and cash
disbursement, monitoring and reconciliation processes with vendors and
other service providers.
- S/he will manage relationships with the technology service
provider, train vendors and beneficiaries, and provide technical
support on hardware and e-card issues.
- The Program Officer will work collaboratively with program sector leads and finance team members.
Essential Job Functions
- With input from the Team Leader, oversee the start-up or rollout of e-voucher and cash transfer systems.
- Draft context specific training materials for beneficiaries and vendors.
- In collaboration with the Operations and Finance teams, oversee
the management of hardware (smartphones and wireless printers) and
- Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project
participant or vendor complaints (in collaboration with the MEL team).
- Work with program and MEL teams to maintain all documentation
relating directly to cash transfer activities required to ensure
- Support on administrative matters relating directly to cash
transfer activities including reconciliation with cash-out agents
- Adhere to all MC policies and procedures;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in
such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize
its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Manage the relationship with the e-voucher Service Provider, communicating issues and questions in a clear manner.
- Request and monitor technical upgrades and development of e-voucher platform as required or desired to serve program needs.
- Work with Finance and Compliance to ensure the e-voucher
platform meets Mercy Corps’ compliance and logistics rules and data
- Work closely with, and coordinate day-to-day activities with, field teams and other relevant staff at Mercy Corps.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/S in relevant field required; MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 3 years of experience working on the development,
implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based
international development or humanitarian program; general program
management experience required.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices.
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills.
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
- Prior experience implementing distributions is required,
preferably in a non-camp setting. Experience with cash transfer and
e-voucher programs strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a
diverse range of local and international government officials, local
civil society organizations, other international organizations, the
media and the public.
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally
s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency
programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts.
- S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV’s
and Cover letter in one document, addressing the position requirements
- All applications must include the position title in the subject
line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position
Application Deadline 7th July, 2016.