Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
Job Title: Psychologist
Psycho social Responsibilities
- Ensure psychological support throughout the SGBV survivors stay at the clinic
- Ensure that psycho social care is integrated as soon as possible in the care of the survivor
- Assess social and protection needs as needed
- Continue to offer counselling services to survivors on follow up according to the protocol and based on the needs identified
- Emphasize the importance of adherence to follow up appointments
Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems
that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the
best possible solution from a medical perspective Identify the need for,
and facilitate support groups.
- Carry out evaluation of psychological and mental health needs of patients, elaborate a diagnosis and establish a plan of treatment
- Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols to improve their mental health conditions
- Counsel families on how to support their child if the survivor is a minor
- Guarantee confidentiality
- Guarantee correct handling of all documents related to the patient
- Provide systematic follow-up for survivors
- Participate in data collection
- Write clear and concise notes in survivor files whenever the patient is seen
- Maintain a good documentation system for the adherence sessions for effective follow up of survivors
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of activities in care for SGBV survivors
- Schedule follow up appointments for survivors and explain the importance of the appointment
- BSc in psychology, Valid License from Nigerian Association of Clinical psychologists
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Female applicants desirable.
- Minimum of 1 year of active clinical experience since graduation; Interest and/or experience in Sexual/Gender Based Violence.
- English Language essential, Local language, desirable.
• Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Nigeria).
• Contract will be an open ended contract with three months of probations.
208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Port Harcourt. No 20, Bodo Street GRA II, Port Harcourt . Applications can be submitted by email to: [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: 30th June 2016.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in
kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring
of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of
these types may be pursued through the judicial system.