Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited, est. 1969, is Nigeria’s
leading Children’s book publisher. Its imprint, “Lantern books” is now a
household name in Nigeria and West Africa.
Literamed has in
its stable over 400 titles of books for Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary
and Literature texts for different age ranges, all widely accepted in
Job Title: Web Developer
- We are seeking a talented Web Developer to join our Marketing & Multimedia team.
- As a member of Lantern Book’s Marketing & Multimedia team, you
will be designing and developing a responsive and elegant web experience
for our consumers.
- You’ll be writing maintainable, scalable, cross-browser and cross
platform (desktop, mobile and other devices) code that is seen by
millions of users.
- And you’ll be an advocate for best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality.
- Write maintainable, scalable and cross-browser code
- Maintain design, user experience and brand requirements throughout the development process
- Collaborate with marketing managers to conceptualize, design, and implement new pages
- Advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality
- You’ll be part of a team of marketers, product managers, and
designers that collaborates on the conceptualization, design, and
implementation of landing and content pages.
- We’re looking for someone who can communicate their thoughts clearly, both in meetings and in their code.
- A curiosity and a passion for creating elegant end user experiences
- Balance of ideation and delivery skills
- Doesn’t take feedback personally
- Creative flair
- Understanding of layout and typography.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to influence decision makers
- Strong drive and determination to succeed
- Imagination Adaptable
- Willing to learn new techniques
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Multi-task and meet rigorous deadlines.
Need to Have’s:
- Well-grounded knowledge in building front end web experiences.
- Experience in Cross-Browser / Cross-Platform development
- Solid understanding of CSS3 and HTML5 along with upcoming standards
- Experience with a CSS Preprocessor
- Solid understanding of cross-browser best practices
- Excellent communication and organization skills (we take this very seriously)
- Version Control (Git / GitHub / CVS / Subversion)
- Experience in Database management (MySQL specifically)
- SEO and Social Media Integration (very key to our marketing strategy – a must have)
- Proper code documentation
- Experienced with building Web API
- Knowledge of data formats (particularly. JSON, XML)
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (would be an advantage even though we have inhouse graphic artist)
- Experience with server-side technologies (PHP is first on the list)
- Able to translate wireframes and mockups into code with a good grasp of document structure and semantics
- Good visual design sense and understanding of basic usability concepts
We are only considering applicants that fit the needed requirements above. We look forward to meeting you.
Applicants should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org