Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across
the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of
tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing
population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa
is one of the greatest
untapped markets for talent development.
Andela is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
About the Accountant Role
- You will be part of a high-functioning team where your work matters. You will make a difference and join our mission.
- As most start-ups, we operate at lightning speed, and if you
embrace it, you’ll be challenged every day. This position will report
directly to the Finance Manager, Lagos.
- The Accountant will provide overall account support for Andela
Lagos operations with accurate preparation of financial statement of
affairs; timely execution of monthly payroll, recording of expenses and
reconciliations as required.
The specific responsibilities of the Accountant will include:
- Assist in preparing accrual basis monthly balance sheet,
statement of operations and requested additional schedules for dashboard
for parent company within 10 days of each month end.
- Assisting in managing treasury functions which includes updating
the weekly bank and payment positions and ensuring that the Company’s
bank accounts are properly funded at all times.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts in the ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany activity with parent company and other Andela subsidiaries
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Provide admin support and contract compliance reviews if any as required by the Finance Manager, Lagos.
- Assist in developing reporting processes, procedures and
internal controls for maintaining the efficient flow of all financial
- Execute monthly payroll in time for Management review and bank
advice. Timely payroll processing and take full responsibility for all
Nigerian Government Payroll Compliance And Reporting
- Manage the Fixed Asset process, including maintaining a Fixed Asset register and running of monthly depreciation.
- Monitor assigned payroll activities including taxes and pensions
etc. to ensure Andela’s compliance with related laws of the country and
timely remittance of same by administrators
- Manage all accounts payables and issue out petty cash to staff and Fellows in line with approved documentation
- Manage the accounts receivable process, including billing and cash collections
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role, you should:
- Have a BSc in Finance/Business Administration with minimum ICAN Skill Level
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in an accounting and payroll function
- Have a clear understanding of finance processes, tax and pension process
- Have accurate book-keeping skills
- Be able to communicate clearly and present work product clearly
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
while working as part of an interdepartmental team in a fast-paced
- Be able to use Quickbooks or learn same pretty fast
- Have a good knowledge of MS Excel and other MS office tools
- Be able to monitor progress and takes action or escalates as needed
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply