Control Risks is an independent, global risk consultancy specialising in
helping organisations manage political, integrity and security risks in
complex and hostile environments. We support clients by
strategic consultancy, expert analysis and in-depth investigations,
handling sensitive political issues and providing practical
on-the-ground protection and support.
Job Position: Consultant, Nigeria and West Africa
This is a client facing role and you will work within an experienced team, delivering solutions to senior company executives.
a consultant in our team, you will work with colleagues who are
passionate about African business and politics and who are curious and
informed about the governance challenges faced by businesses in West
Our consultants are rigorous, self-driven and
collegial. They have a background in law, business consulting, business
administration, finance, journalism, among others. The diversity of our
consultants makes our strength: we welcome candidates who can
demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
With guidance from your line manager and senior project managers, the Consultant will be responsible for the following:
Investigative case work
- Act as case manager and service multiple assignments of reasonable complexity
- Prepare, scope and price standard proposals
- Work on more complex or multi-jurisdictional tasks with support
- Investigate, use outside resources and prepare reports
and present elements in a larger investigation Have client contact
on particular assignments where acting as case manager
- Provide editing and quality control on compliance, regulatory and other public records based projects
the full administration of cases, including mastering relevant
internal systems and providing guidance to administrative staff
Business and practice development
- Contribute to marketing and profile raising events, potentially through presentations.
- Active participation in client meetings.
- Begin to develop longer-term client relationships.
opportunities to support broader regional and cross-practice
project development and improve our approach to delivery.
- Mentor and train junior colleagues.
- Manage junior colleagues on cases.
- Provide feedback to junior colleagues on their performance on cases to support their development
Level and Qualifications:
- Education to degree or graduate degree level
- 4-6 years’ demonstrated professional experience
- Right to work in Nigeria
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese beneficial
- Experience of operating within a commercial environment
- Excellent verbal and written English
to summarise large amounts of information in a concise manner and
communicate effectively for colleagues and clients
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of key issues and business trends in the region
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply