Job Title: Health Program Assistant (ALMANACH Program)
- Implements an electronic version on tablet for the (IMCI) Integrated Management of Childhood Illness in several Ministry of Health clinics (ALMANACH PROJECT)
- Trains and Supports the consulting staff (Doctors and Midwives) on weekly basis
- Provides a written monthly update on project indicators to the Swiss
Tropical and Public Health Institute consultants in collaboration with
ICRC PHC Manager
- Translates documents from English to National languages and vice versa as required
- Acts as reference point during delegate’s/supervisor’s absences.
- Monitors the results based on the monitoring framework for the project
- Meets WHO IMCI department at least twice per month to coordinate and update on progresses and challenges. Involves the WHO in charge if needed to solve issues in the field, in collaboration with MoH
- University degree or equivalent in Health sector
- 4 years work experience in a similar function
- At least 2 years work experience in health project management
- Good knowledge of public health, and of local health services, staff and system
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Very good computer skills, including spreadsheets
- Good knowledge of the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization programs in Nigeria
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Good communications and negotiation skills, confident in talking in front of a large public, sense of responsibility
- Field oriented and good networking
- Excellent team spirit and acquired capacity to manage stressful situations
- Flexibility and quick response capacity to endure recurrent changes in working schedule
- Be able to maintain respect to his/her colleagues, interlocutors and profession/duty in different circumstance
- Willingness to go to the field i.e Abuja (20%) / Field (80%: Mubi / Yola)
Job Title: Field Officer (Prosthetics and Orthotics Program)
- Focal person between the National Orthopedic Hospital, Dala-Kano (NOHD-Kano), the referred Persons with Disabilities (PwD) from Maiduguri’s catchment, the ICRC/Health/Maiduguri & the mobile ortho-prosthetist, Kano
- Insure the referral of the PwD from Maiduguri’s catchment to the NOHD-Kano & their return to Maiduguri
- Financial responsibility regarding reimbursement related to the Prosthetics & Orthotics (P&O) program in Kano
- Manages the daily financial allowance for the food of the PwD and accompanying person
- Assisting the mobile ortho-prosthetist with diverse administrative tasks
- Make the monthly accounting closure for the project
- Keep the administrative filing up-to date
- HND (Higher national Diploma) or university degree in any course or relevant field
- Two (2) years working experience in a similar field
- Knowledge of cultural & socio economic environment of northern Nigeria
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Understanding and able to speak Kanuri & Hausa languages
- Good computer skills especially excel sheet
- Discrete, humble and reliable person
- Have empathy for persons with disability (PwD)
- Sense of organisation and able to follow-up with projects/planning/etc.
- Rigor and methodological
- Does not mind to dirt his/her hands
Job Title: Radio Operator
- Independently operates all radio and satellite equipment for voice and data communication
- Independently facilitates radio and telecommunication contacts and permanent field follow-up according to internal guidelines
most efficient mean of communication (inside and outside ICRC), taking
in account format electronic or paper), speed and price
all machines for Voice (Tel, VHF, HF) and satellite telephone and
maintains daily radio and operations in the field mobile log
quickly in the event of an emergency and contact relevant managements
to contain and help solve critical incidents maintain a detailed
incident log for security reports
- Registers and treat incoming and outgoing information confidentially, rapidly and with accuracy
- Secondary education
in ICT or Electronic, additional vocational training in electronics,
telecommunication, IT or similar field will be an asset
- Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- No prior criminal conviction
- Good knowledge of Hausa is an advantage.
- Experience in communications/Radio operations within NGO’s or similar function preferably with an international organization
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Very good knowledge of Windows based computers
- Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills
How to Apply
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Please clearly indicate the preferred position E.G; “Health Program Assistant (ALMANACH Program)” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 29.07.2016, 16:30 hr.
Late application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website at www.icrc.org