IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications
infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded
in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain –
colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire,
Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and
Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in
IHS Towers is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Head of Operations
Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Kano
Reports To: Principal Technical Officer
- The Regional Head of Operations will lead and manage all
operational activities for the IHS operations sector in the Region,
providing strategic and operational leadership to the sales and
operations team and associated support functions.
- This role is responsible to develop and implement the overall
business strategy to support achievement of the organization’s financial
metrics and goals as defined by the profit and strategic plans.
- Finally, the RHO will provide inspirational leadership to employees internally and act as an ambassador for IHS externally.
- Responsible for translating regional strategic objectives into
actionable operational plans detailing clear implementation roadmaps and
milestones at the assigned region.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete
appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal
procedures and time schedules.
- Manage the supplier relationships to ensure deliverables are achieved in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Provide input into continuous development of site maintenance processes.
- Continually access operational and business continuity risks and
provide timely awareness as well as deploying mitigating initiatives.
- Achieve productivity gains and manage budget to ensure operational and financial goals are met.
- Monitor business performance against plan and make adjustments as needed.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, high levels of service and promote
continuous improvement efforts in order to drive repeated business and
- Effectively collaborate across functions (working in the matrix) to build joint objectives to reach regional goals.
- Support the Principal Technical Officer in the assigned region
to ensure that the field operations engineers effectively carry out
their responsibilities and ensure smooth running of the operations.
- Coach and train the RTOs, SFOMs and FSEs Network Operations and
Maintenance team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of
the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly
review their training needs.
- Develop metrics required to measure business processes and
performance, build tools and job aids for monitoring performance and
identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention in
critical areas for constant improvement.
- Monitor, track and approve CAPEX and OPEX trends in the Region.
- Ensure alignment with functional line on all deliverables.
- Computer and Information Management
- Power Systems.
- National Travel.
- On standby 24/7 through out the year.
- Job Rotation.
- B.Sc. Engineering (Electrical/Telecommunications preferred).
- 8 years Hands On experience in Telecommunication Industry.
- 5 Years in Operations Management Role.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communications.
- Financial Management.
- SLA and Vendor Management.
- Resource Management.
- May be required to work extended hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.