Initiative for Improved Male Health, a Community Based organization
working in Nigeria since 2006, for USAID – funded HIV/AIDS program in
Calabar, Cross River State, targeting highly marginalized and most – at –
risk populations with HIV prevention, care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Location: Cross River
Reporting to: Finance/Admin Manager
Employment Status: Contractual
Period: 2months (with possible extension subject to performance)
- Candidates must meet the minimum qualification listed below and
must be committed to human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or other social reference.
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- The office assistant is fundamentally responsible for
maintaining the office environment and performing other tasks that may
be delegated from time to time.
His duties include but not limited to the following:
- General reception duties
- Perform errands that assist daily functions: photocopying, binding, etc
- Assist room set-up for meetings
- Welcome all visitors and direct them to appropriate office where necessary
- Ensure books on bookshelf are properly arranged
- Assist with reproduction of materials as needed
- Assist in binding of materials
- Check with Admin on replenishment of consumables
- Ensure office environment is clean by adhering to cleaning specification provided
- Ensure all doors are locked, windows properly shut and switches and appliances switched off each day before leaving the office
- Ensure all offices are thoroughly cleaned before official resumption time
- Monitoring office supplies and check with finance/admin manager for replenishment
- Report all identified maintenance needs to finance/admin manager
Interested applicants must possess:
- OND or O/Level Certificate
- Must be computer literate and also experience in operating office equipments
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Have a pro-active attitude and zeal to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Must be punctual and efficient
Competitive, in consideration of what is obtained in community based organizations in Calabar
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their Cover
Letter and Curriculum Vitae as a single document by email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the advertised position being applied for in the subject field of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview on a scheduled date.
- IMH-Initiative is an equal opportunities employer; therefore, qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 27th July, 2016.