APM Terminals Nigeria is the largest container handling company in West
Africa, currently operating the biggest container facility of the three
serving Lagos, Nigeria’s largest city and business center. With our
global standard container handling equipment and facilities, APM
Terminals Nigeria has
contributed to trade in Nigeria over the past 10
years by improving the quality of the country’s port operations. APM
Terminals’ expanding operations in Nigeria is powered by a team of about
1000 dedicated professionals who focus on providing world-class
services, unparalleled container handling solutions and lifting global
trade in Nigeria.
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Badagry, Lagos
- Manages all aspects of land access and resettling existing
communities in accordance with the Badagry resettlement overall plan,
Equator Principles, framework and procedures in a timely manner to meet
the businesses’ exploration, development and overall project schedules.
- Work closely with Internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective resettlement processes are implemented.
- Track construction progress, related to the resettlement of the
involved communities, against the approved baseline and, where
appropriate, ensure issues are pro-actively addressed, resolved and/or
escalated and reported.
- In line with corporate standards, implement best in class
project management practices across the construction parts of the
resettlement project and ensure they are consistently deployed by
- Manage any required updates or developments resettlement
framework and procedures, to ensure continued planned project
effectiveness, regulatory compliance and alignment with set standards.
- Manage the Resettlement team and Resettlement consultants.
- Report progress to the Nigeria Country Manager and ensures resettlement provisions are incorporated into project schedules.
- Oversees the Badagry port resettlement budget
- Ensure all required data and documentation is obtained, managed
and shared. Ensure documentation is in place to demonstrate an
- Lead on the commissioning, procurement and management of
external expertise and services relating to resettlement, including
legal, valuation, compensation and baseline data.
- Assess the identified risks on an ongoing basis & identify trigger events
- Own strategies to deal with & manage the identified risks
- Ensure that the APMT Group risk policy is implemented & followed by all levels within the company.
- Ensures that the Contractor(s) fulfils his role under the contract and acts as primary point of contact for the contractor(s)
- Liaise with the project engineering department at the APM
Terminals head office to ensure consistency with APM Terminals’ standard
- Ensure alignment between construction and resettlement
agreements, broader social investment initiatives and project
initiatives that have influence on the resettlement project or project
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management; managing interdependencies in complex projects
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
- Preferably 5 years of experience within APMT
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care
- Ability to engage a senior management team and ability to build strong working relationships
- Can work easily with a diversity of people, politically agile, skilled communicator, manages interpersonal conflict well
- Delivers results (even in tough situations), resourceful, inspiring, has significant presence, builds high performing teams
- In general strong leadership skills are required for this role
- Committed to deliver external outcomes, i.e. a solid business – driven by value add to APMT
- Can take on multiple roles to bridge divergent interests
- Comfortable with setting direction in complexity and ambiguity,
finds solutions to tough problems, while actively managing resistance
- Integrating personality – ability to spot and address misalignment between work streams
- Strong planning skills and high analytical capability
- High discipline – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team
- Communication in broader context
- Negotiating in different cultures.
- You the opportunity to work with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply