Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the
world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection
of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine
& Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) business and
currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a portfolio of
products including Stout, Malta, Lager, Spirits and Ready to drink
brands. Nigeria is the 2nd largest market for the Guinness Stout brand
globally. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant
player in the national economy.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Manager, Retail
Locations: Lagos, Aba
Reports to: Divisional Sales Manager
Context and Purpose of Role
- Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA)
business and currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a
portfolio of products including Stout, Malta, Lager, Spirits and Ready
to drink brands. Nigeria is the 2nd largest market for the Guinness
Stout brand globally. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a
significant player in the national economy.
- We are looking to fill the role of Area Manager, Retail to join
an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry
leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. The
role is responsible for overseeing the sales out (depletion) in a
particular geographical area.
- The role holder ensures consistent profitable growth in sales
revenues through positive planning, deployment, training and management
of frontline field sales team.
- The Area Manager, Retail will be responsible for developing
strategies, objectives and action plans to achieve short and long term
- Drive achievement of profitable volume/market share target for
beer and spirit for the Area via delivery of Outlet Execution standards
for the Area. Ensure RRS scheme within the area is fully deployed and
standards maintained as per the RRS guidelines.
- Ensures brilliant execution of customer marketing/marketing
promotional activity by ensuring the right outlets are selected,
agencies are adhering to our standards, constant review of what is
working and on time in full delivery of reporting.
- Fully understands the use of SFA, trains team on its usage and ensures all parameters are adhered to.
- Coach and train team members 14 times a month in line with
monthly activities checklist. Identifies training needs of TMs and WMs,
while supporting TMs in the capability development of RSEs/SE’s and
works with Capability team to build team’s capability and ensure a
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A graduate with minimum 3 – 5 years’ broad experience in Sales
gained across sales/consumer/customer marketing. A strong track record
in Sales, preferably in more than one area. Particularly critical is
previous experience of Field Sales or other customer facing roles.
- A good understanding of all Diageo Way of Selling Capabilities
and tools and how these interact together to deliver brilliant execution
in Field Sales. Strong capability and able to coach others in Outlet
Execution standards, building relationships as well as structured call,
persuasive selling and brand passion. This role requires a strong
understanding of how to champion responsible drinking at the outlet
- High analytical
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Good IT skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Previous experience of coaching/leading others and getting
results through teams as well as good commercial understanding, strong
numerical skills, a high level of computer literacy are important.
- Previous experience of working with other parts of Sales and/or other functions is particularly valuable.
- Strong strategic planning skills
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Lack of determination to achieving and driving high standards
- Not willing to work late nights
- Not willing to coach team members in the field
- Inability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!